In this article we will see the LinkedIn invitations, the new functionality to send invitations to your contacts to grow your business, we explain everything about LinkedIn invitations.
A new tool that facilitates the growth of the number of followers of the business page has been introduced by LinkedIn relatively recently. These are LinkedIn invitations that you can send to your personal contacts, encouraging them to follow the page you manage.
What’s curious: first this function has appeared in profiles with few contacts, surely in an attempt to avoid massive spam. Thus, our content editor with 100+ contacts could already invite her friends, while our CEO with 1700+ contacts had to wait 3 more months to test the tool.
We have been using the tool for almost 3 months and we have managed not only to increase the number of followers of the HelloMrLead page, but also to learn how to use it 100%. But first, the results. We have increased the number of followers from 311 to 561, up to a total of 250 people.
5 useful tips for using LinkedIn invitations
- Credits. Each business pge has “credits” -100 per month- to exchange 1 credit for 1 invitation. When someone accepts your invitation, you get 1 credit back so you can use it again. You get your 100 credits renewed every last day of the month (May 31, June 30). The challenge is to invite the people who are likely to accept at the beginning of the month and leave the contacts who are less likely to be interested at the end of the month, when you are about to get 100 more credits. As you can see, if we have obtained 250 new followers in 3 months (x100 credits per month), we have been very successful with the strategy.
- The daily invitation limitAt first you could only invite 25 people a day, but in June they have removed the limit (or something is malfunctioning, it would not be the first time).
- The manual task. Yes, you can use the search line, but when we tried typing “marketing” we got just 4-5 contacts, while in reality there were many more contacts whose job positions include this keyword. So you have to do the manual scroll. This has its downsides, since the contact list remains the same, and if you’ve already crossed out the first part of the list, each time you’ll have to invest more and more time to just get to the undiscovered part. On the other hand, you stay entertained and you are getting to know your professional network… Well, the last thing is a lie, it is tremendously boring to spend 10 minutes scrolling down there.
- Lack of automation. Correct, it is the consequence of the previous point. Since you cannot put any filter on the target, you will invite people according to your personal criteria. The good thing is that when your company (as in the case of HelloMrLead) is dedicated to marketing, you will avoid spending such valuable credits on trade marketing. And also you will not skip your friend who does the same thing as you but has described his job position as «Digital ninja». That is, improve the QUALITY of the invitations you send.
- It does not affect engagement. Unfortunately, it is one thing to get people to see you and another thing – to be read, commented on and listened to. While for the first you only need to have good contacts, reputation and patience, for the second you will have to pay more attention to the quality of your content, regularity of posting, automated outreach and other tricks that encourage followers to interact. But the first step – increasing the potential audience – you will make for sure.
LinkedIn invitations are a tool with the following characteristics:
- Easy to use
- Not abundant
Combined with a good content strategy and common sense it provides the greatest outreach.
There is another postponed effect – after a certain number of followers the page will appear higher in the search results and the growth will become more organic and easy. What is this magic number? We don’t know yet, but we will keep you informed.
And remember: with great power comes great responsibility. =)
Do you already use this resource? Do you get good results? Leave us a comment!